Here is a great recipe for a casual dinner party. Serve with a rocket and parmasan salad and home made bread rolls.
- 500g Beef mince
- 1 jar of Lloyd Grossman’s Bolognaise Sauce
- A large squirt of tomato purée
- A large glass of red wine
- 1 bay Leaf
- ½ teaspoon of mixed herbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Lasagne sheets
- 1 jar of Bechamel Sauce
- A little bit of oil for frying
- Fry the mince in a little oil till brown
- Drain off any liquid
- Add the tomato purée and stir into the mince and fry for 5 min’s . (It should end up being quite dry and the mince will be a dark red colour)
- Add the red wine and stir till the alcohol burns off.
- Pour in the bolognaise Sauce and turn the heat down so it simmers slowly.
- Add the bay leafs, mixed herbs, a good grinding of black pepper and a touch of salt .
- Let it simmer for 20 min’s. (The sauce should be quite dry after 20mins )
- Take it off the heat and allow to cool
- Once cool spread half the bolognaise sauce on the bottom of an oven proof dish
- Cover with a layer of lasagne sheets then a layer of bechamel sauce
- Repeat the layers finishing with the bechamel sauce
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake in the oven at 200° c for 30min’s
Tip: Once cooked let it stand for 5 min’s before serving